Please write a journal in which you introduce yourself and complete a self-assessment of your computer skills. Use Word to type your journal and send to Dr. Schulz as an email attachment before the beginning of class next week. I suggest that you copy this page and paste it into a word file to use as an outline in writing your journal. Keep the journal in your files to use with your self-evaluation at the end of the term.
Part 1 - Introduction
Next use these topics as a guide to describe yourself in a paragraph
Part 2 - Computer Skills Self Assessment
1. What kind of computers have you used?
2. What kind of computer do you have access to besides those in the lab?
3. What software have you used?
4. What is operating system software?
5. What is application software?
6. What are two key terms used in describing databases?
7. What is the World Wide Web and how do you access it?
8. What is PowerPoint?
9. What is a web site? If you have one, give the URL.
10. Describe 4 ways that technology is used in the classroom?
Part 3 - Learning Plan
Describe what you expect to learn in this course and on which areas you feel you need to focus most intently.